There are a range of interventions for sleep problems which OTs might provide, or help with as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
We are building on our content here. We currently have information on:
- Treatment of sleep disordered breathing and the role of OT
- CBT-i (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia)
- Passive body heating
- Managing nocturia to improve sleep
These are other interventions which can be used to improve sleep. We hope to provide more information on these soon:
- Adjusting daily routines
- Activity analysis
- Environmental adaptation
- Beds, positioning and equipment
- Sleep hygiene
- Hypnotic medication (and other medication)
Do you know of an OT intervention which can improve sleep which isn’t described here? Why not get in touch and tell us about your experience.